View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Computer Screen Dizziness and Vertigo

Hi guys,

I had a concussion at the end of August 2014 and have been dealing with post-concussive syndrome ever since. One problem that's been persistent for me is headaches, dizziness and vertigo when I look at computer screens for too long. Clearly the ideal solution would be to avoid computer screens as much as possible; the problem is that I'm in grad school, which is not exactly the most stress-free environment to recover from a concussion in (to say the very least). Most assignments require me to type things up or look at a computer screen, and I'm expected to keep up with email correspondence for classes and work.

I've taken some steps like printing out readings, lecture slides, etc. and dimming my computer screens, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice for dealing with the headaches and dizziness (which can honestly be really scary, sometimes I'll start to feel really disoriented after a while!) I'm taking time off school after this semester, so I only have to get through one more month or so, but any tips to get through the remaining month would be appreciated!

Also, the point of impact was at the outer edge of my eye socket, so I'm wondering if I could have damaged my vision and if seeing an optometrist might help.

If this is useful information, I'm taking B-12, a daily multivitamin, D-3, and eating fish fairly regularly for Omega-3. I've stopped drinking all alcohol but still have a cup of coffee in the morning because it seems to reduce my headaches.

Thanks so much in advance! I've been lurking on these forums for several months, and it's been one of my best sources on information about PCS recovery.
pugmug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote