View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 05:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

UPDATE: 6 days after paresthesias kicked my butt (almost to the hour)

Paresthesias have greatly reduced. Some slight tremor present on partial exertion - fully tense arm = no tremor. Fully relaxed - no tremor. Slight tension and slight tremor visible, especially when rotating hand from palm-down palm-up.

Woke up yesterday (4.5 days after onset of paresthesias) without any paresthesias. Buttt, sitting at computer for a short time elicited left sole paresthesia, and sense of warmth in right hamstring (sciatic nerve).

Today, managed to barbell curl 95 pounds (43 kg) in 2 sets - 10 reps, 4 minute rest, 12 reps.

Completed press ups with feet elevated: 60, 50, 50, 40.

Began lunges, completed 22 then my dear lady messaged

And I will only build up from this. I could not give a flying freak what tries to stop me.

Feel some overall fatigue and a little heaviness in left leg compared to right. Apart from that, we're rolling free.

Eating whole foods, avoiding fats except for "good" fats - olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, nuts in small hits.

Raw snow peas, baby corn, bell peppers, chicken poached (sorry to vegetarians).

(Of course this all hit at Easter, at least it was where I am currently situated. And so there are a few delicious things staring at me with their puerile little faces, through plastic holiday windows in boxes, but alas - they shall wait to be eaten some other day!)

Using a protein supplement (also contains B1, etc and choline). Always have plenty of water when eating protein - even when drinking a protein shake.

Drinking plenty of water in a day.

Drinking anti-oxidant teas (green tea, mint tea; and a blend of paprika, cayenne, black pepper, thyme, oregano- hello overgrown herb garden, in my mouth!)

Absolutely starving lately. I did crave chocolate and chips through November 2014 to February 2015. That has died off (there is an actual physiological phenomenon that causes this as a result of withdrawal). No ascites, no obvious signs of hepatic distress; no splenomegaly. Kidney function normal (did have some morning urinary trouble expelling until February).

Okay then. Now to eat.

Thank God... I am so so lucky... I thought it was all harmless fun. I didn't realize I was in deep. Who knows? If I live properly, as I'm intended to do, and eat properly, etc., I could maybe avoid latter life complications from these past episodes of alcohol abuse.

If you're going through anything like this, then you CAN push through!