View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 07:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Pugmug and welcome.

A few thoughts -

I have found a smaller screen helps a lot.

I used a therapeutic tint on my glasses for a little while which helped some. It was for overall light sensitivity. But it's a mild improvement - it's not going to manage your problem.

If you decide to see an optometrist, you may want to see someone who also specializes in vision therapy and rehab from TBIs. This is who I went to. Have not started my vision therapy yet, but the doc is super. I had to go farther for a place like this, but it was necessary.

Sleep or lie with your eyes closed whenever you're not working, to recover as much as you can.

Grad school is grueling. Glad you can take a break after this semester. Hope you can get some help to get you through the next month. We are here for you ongoing!

Be well.
Julie

For the 5-10 years prior to that I’ve had what I now realize were possibly 20+ undiagnosed concussions or sub-concussions. Likely most of these result from Duane's Syndrome, for which I now have prism glasses. Have successfully done vestibular therapy and plan to start vision therapy.

Current companions: Significant depression, anxiety, hyperacusis, difficulty with verbal expression (recall & word mixups), mild spacial/vestibular issues. Feelings of disconnect in relationships.
AndromedaJulie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote