Thread: Tecfidera
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Thumbs down

Well, now I'm not too sure about this med.
I just had the worst reaction to it. I know it causes flushing sometimes. I've had that and it just feels like a mild sunburn. I can handle that.

Today, I took a shower.....just like I always do. Didn't use any new products in or out of the shower.

About ten minutes after I had gotten dressed I started itching. All over my body. Every square inch. Bottom of my feet to the top of my head.

Scratching didn't help.....just made the itching worse. I cannot emphasize enough how intense this was. Think of the worst case of poison ivy and then times that by 100. That still wouldn't describe how intense this was.

I couldn't scratch fast enough and I needed about twelve hands. I scared two cats off my bed (unintentionally). I hyperventilated. I was breathing so fast I didn't even notice how lightheaded I was getting. I thought I would pass out.

This could qualify as some sort of torture. I could not sit still but my legs were like jello so I had to sit/lay/squirm on the bed!

Finally, about thirty minutes after it started it calmed down and eventually stopped.

I am exhausted.

I don't think I'm going to take Tecfidera any more. I think the thought of going through that again is just about enough to keep me from giving it another try.

If I have to go back to the shots I will. That's how BAD it was!

I've got to go lay down for a while.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-17-2015), dmplaura (04-25-2015), Lara (04-09-2015), LoveCats (04-09-2015), MSbelle (04-11-2015), SallyC (04-09-2015)