View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 01:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you both, I really appreciate it. I'll have to look into those more!

As far as the hypochondria goes, it's something I struggled with a little bit when I was a little kid for a year or two, so it would make sense in my case (although I had zero signs of it beforehand, for at least the past decade or so). But basically i feel like I don't track things correctly all the time, or at least as smoothly as it was before the incidents. Or that sometimes it takes my brain longer to process everything, leading me to feel more overwhelmed. But the brain is quite a powerful thing I've come to realize, so I understand that a lot of it could be psychosomatic. It does seem to get easier when the anxiety's not that bad, but I don't know if that's because my actual "symptoms" ease, or because my ability to deal with them increases.

It's a brutal cycle. Sometime I feel like I'm losing my mind when I try to figure out what's real and what isn't (which just makes my anxiety skyrocket). I feel like I should be back to normal..

Although this may be a slightly erroneous belief, I'd (unintentionally) found that alcohol was a good test of a concussion for me after the various hits I sustained. I noticed it hit me way harder when I was really concussed. I drank last weekend though and my tolerance was 100% back to normal though.. So I don't know. I feel like that means I'm done recovering, but, I'm really not sure. I think I'm going to start treating the anxiety and the TMD seriously and see what remains after that. I think I'm going to try running again and see how I feel with that. I've done cycling at the gym for a couple weeks now with no adverse effects.

It can all just be so scary sometimes.. My thoughts race so fast that I don't know what to do with them sometimes (a stark contrast to my anxiety about the brain fog not even a month ago). My biggest fear is losing my mind, becoming schizophrenic or psychotic or whatever. I'm a caring, rational person overall so I know that's just the hypochondria taking its toll on me, but still. I'm just so tired of feeling this way, feeling nervous about every little thing, overthinking everything. I want to experience the world again, relax, and be happy. But that's so hard without knowing what's real and what isn't.

Sorry for the length of that in advance.
Hunter989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-09-2015)