View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

thanks LIT LOVE

that's shocking that ssdi attorneys don't insist you look at your medical records. especially in my case where parkinson's diagnosis is confirmed by your response to medication and every book on parkinson's describes your inevitable progression in terms of your increasing need for increasing dosages and the need to add additional drugs. the fact that my records incorrectly indicated i was taking so little drugs and only 1 drug should have set off alarm bells with any lawyer familiar with parkinson's. this lawyer's law firm gave a presentation to my parkinson's support group so i just assumed he/she wouldn't have missed something so important to my case since i didn't have the usual exam by a ssdi doctor. i would have been better off not hiring them because i sure wouldn't have missed that little detail and i might have not have had to go to "trial".
and to have to wait 5 months after the hearing to find this out is like being in a bad dream when i could have corrected this if given the chance. of course the judge didn't bother to ask me about this, or maybe he did?

he/she wants to appeal, i asked the paralegal to see my medical records, i'm waiting to hear back if the attorney approved. no sense of urgency, they will file the appeal in may.
thanks for your advice.

Last edited by soccertese; 04-09-2015 at 06:55 PM.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote