View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 07:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Those are both things I haven't fully considered, thank you. I'd definitely at least realized it; I was on atvian for about 3 weeks and went through withdrawals when I stopped. Before starting on the mirtazapine, I was feeling a lot clearer overall. Though, I was certainly overstimulated by having everything come back at once. The anxiety found its home in that and by hypochondria. I'm working on both of those however. A lot of it is mental at this point.. If not all of it. Getting back to real life can be hard after going through all of this.

As far as how I'm recovering, I've been eating extremely healthy (lots of coconut, avocado, and other fatty brain-healthy foods). I've also been keeping active physically and mentally lately, coming back to school with a fairly normal class schedule. I actually just went on my first run today since before my first concussion, and didn't have any increase in symptoms or anything! I had drank a few times in the past weeks, though fairly limited. I smoked weed or took edibles occasionally, justifying that with the thoughts that it would help me me faster from all the "studies" floating around the internet. While I haven't had any particularly bad experiences with that, I've realized that it's not that great for my anxiety overall. With me starting back on the mirtazapine though, I've cut all that down to just about zero. I try to meditate whenever the anxiety gets too bad, but overall I do like to think that it's been steadily improving. That's about where I'm at right now.
Hunter989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote