Old 04-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuroproblem View Post
pain meds generally dont work on nerve pain, depending on the cause of the pain.
I certainly do not agree with this statement. While some doctors even believe this comment, and tell patients that, it is really not true nor compassionate. They will often use this line, to avoid pain management for their patients. Many doctors are afraid of prescribing opiates for their PN patients. This is especially true for the younger aged patients.

Tramadol does work for fibromyagia pain, and is often used for that. And it can also work for nerve pain, because fibro is a form of nerve disorder.

As en bloc states, everyone is different, and some people do respond to opiates, in fact. This response is not 100% but then none of the treatments for PN are 100% effective.

I personally find plain old aspirin helps my PN pain, so I use it in the form of AlkaSeltzer for rough times, like this week when we are having lots of low barometric pressure (storms) and hence I have more PN pain as a result. I also use Lidoderm patches when necessary.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-10-2015), en bloc (04-10-2015), EnglishDave (04-10-2015), Lukesmom (05-31-2015), Susanne C. (04-10-2015)