View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 08:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Hi

I think I may have allodynia but not sure. Anything that causes my skin to stretch causes intense burnung/ stinging pain ( rubbing skin, stretching, even just bending feet / legs like when squatting). Being scratched on the soles of my feet felt like razor blades cut me open and that happened two weeks ago! Is this allodynia or is allodynia different.

On another note, has anybody gone on pain meds for a length of time them got off them and had less pain? My dr seems to think once I find a pain med that works I'll only need to be on it for 6-12 months then I'll be able to get off it. He feels I HSve depression ( I do now over all this pain) and that my brain is sending false signals. Once it gets relief the pain should ease up.

I don't know... My symptoms are sooo crazy, 24/7, bilateral, intense. For me to believe this is the case. I don't doubt that stress makes it worse but I don't feel like my brain is "faking " it
Did you have the biopsy for sfn yet?
Do you mind if I ask what type of dr. gave you this opinion? Was it a neurologist?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote