View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default about hemin and the B2 study in post 1

While I've been following the treatment methods in the study on Brazilian study on B2 I've run into a little more info on hemin, the ingredient in red meat and pork that should be avoided, according to the Brazilian study.

I have indeed been staying away from red meat and pork and I didn't know how much difference that makes but I think I got a little taste of the difference quite by accident the other day.

The weather has turned nice and my wife wanted an impromptu cook out. In my effort to stay way from red meat I bought some turkey hot dogs. They tasted pretty good too. However the next morning I was shaking like a leaf on a tree. Why? Well this is speculative at this point but it turns out that hemin used to color meats. They even color red meats with it. I bet it was in my turkey hot dogs, and I bet there was a lot of it.

So I guess the lesson is to be careful with processed meats, especially if they are faked up to imitate beef.

BTW, hemin is toxic in digestion but the body normally converts it via B2 in the liver. If your liver is deficient of B2 hemin goes to the brain, cleanly passing the blood brain barrier. I think that's how I got the shakes that next morning. I usually never have shakes in the morning and I had them bad. I think that there is definitely something to this.

Here is a study that piggybacks on the Brazil study which attempts to create the symptoms of PD in lab animals. There is a lot of good info here for someone with a scientific bent and seems to tighten up the connection of B2 deficiency and PD. According to the hypothesis of this study, B2 deficiency could be at the heart of PD. The study wasn't able to prove it though because there are not any PD lab animals. All they were able to do was to take lab animals and make them B2 deficient via diet. Likely the PD B2 deficiency is caused via genetics or lack of B2 absorption in the intestines.

http://ctnr.newcenturyhealthpublishe...v5p149_156.pdf

Here's also an interesting little link from a blog associated with the Parkinson's Foundation ..
http://forum.parkinson.org/index.php...ed-meat-study/
BreezyRacer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-20-2015), lab rat (04-11-2015), lurkingforacure (04-10-2015)