View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 04:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieburmy View Post
Thanks Bryanna ..I've been reading your posts to others and you seem exceptionally helpful and well informed and thanks for responding so quickly.

The upper tooth where the implant went in was extracted 10 years ago. Up until then I'd been living with the tooth next to it(that was extracted at the same time as the implant was placed in the old site) with a root filled crown bridge Pontic. This tooth developed ecr resorption discovered in December and an attempt at treating with with mta was done in January. A small piece of bone was removed at that time. The tooth never settled properly and had a peridontal pocket which when pressed emitted pus. We decided to get this removed after 3 months of it not settling. I have not got any other peridontal issues nor have I ever had and my health is good.
Implant was Uneventful apart from the fact that when he did the panoramic X-ray afterwards the impant seems to be in the thick soft tissue in my sinus. Totally not where he was expecting it. He's very experienced and has been doing implants for over 20 years and is highly reputable. His colleage thinks the pano may be a warping trick and it may not be in my sinus after all.
As I said, no pain and everything healing well other than this yellow sour tasting discharge.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Extra info just remembered...
Sorry, the extraction of the tooth where the implant went was about 15 years ago. That tooth broke after a root filling and a peridontal abscess necessitated it's removal. I had no problems after it's removal or with its healing. In UK terms it is my upper 5
The next tooth along, that I had extracted the other day...upper 6, the one with all the resorption issues was root filled in 2006 and bridge placed then too. I hadn't noticed any problems with it until the dentist picked up on the resorption in December.
janieburmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote