View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 08:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngal View Post
Interesting article. I have always been curious about the ionic channels, but none of my Dr' s have seemed that interested when I bring it up.
I have an anti body (VGKC) related to the potassium channel----and my main symptom was cramping. This article talks about the burning----which so many people on here have.
Are we getting these neuropathys due to something happening in these channels?? or are we getting these neuropathys anyway and these channels are determining the pain pathway?? sorry if it's confusing----I'm just thinking out loud here
Hi there,

I have had the test, it is just blood drawn, it takes ages to come back, months and months. Had mine done in November - still waiting, I have had the potassium channel one too, still haven't had that back either.

My neurologist said they are finding more and more of these genetic mutations related to SFN which will then bring the idiopathic percentage down.

LouLou
LouLou1978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
boiler1993 (04-11-2015), madisongrrl (04-11-2015), mrsD (04-11-2015), northerngal (04-12-2015)