View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 12:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySH View Post
Hi all,

I have been using both oral and B12 injections (2x/month) for a little over 2 months now and was wondering if I should discontinue their use before my first neurologist appointment so if they run tests the results will not be impacted by taking these? My B12 level is questionably low (460) so if it is retested, I want to have the most accurate reading as possible. BTW, my appointment is scheduled for April 27.

If you all have any other suggestions as to how to prepare for my first appointment, I'd love to know any useful advice. What should I expect? Will they likely schedule follow up tests and how long is the usual wait for nerve conductivity testing?

I don't think I have ever been this excited about a doctors appointment!

Thanks!!
Good luck with your appointment. I agree with Ken. Notes are very helpful to take with you.
If you can, write down the doctor's response in abbreviated form.
It took a month for me to get nerve conduction/emg. I expected with my symptoms they would do it in a few days. My first neuro exam was completely normal except for my voiced symptoms.
The biopsy was harder and I asked four neurologists for it. Finally got one done by the Internal Medicine doctor and had severe damage after about 4 months of symptoms. Everyone is different. I have sensory small fiber neuropathy that now is showing some autonomic involvement.
Wishing you the best!
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (04-12-2015), EmilySH (04-11-2015)