View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Emily, I have been following your posts and you have a lot of the same symptoms that I do. I can only encourage you to follow up with a neurologist and get a skin biopsy but given your family it sure sounds like hereditary neuropathy.
There are two main types, the first and most common affects the myelin sheath first, the second affects the axons. I have type 2, with severe SFN and muscle wasting. I get exactly the same sensations holding the iPad so I rest it in my lap.

Is the numbness more prominent along the last two fingers and up the arms? That is usually the first to go. Have you had an EMG/NCS?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Susanne. I have not had an EMG/NCS yet; I go to my first neuro appt. on April 27. Hoping that he starts to get the ball rolling once he hears my symptoms and how long they have been going on and not improving. It seems as though the numbness is in all fingers, but it's the pain that always catches my attention the most along with worn out wrists. I try to stay off my laptop because is really strikes the symptoms, but it is hard to stay off my tablet! I read, talk to friends, etc. on it. We can't just stop our lives completely! Drying and fixing my hair is also really tough, makeup is even rougher (lifting arm motions). What symptoms do you experience in your legs/feet?

Emily
EmilySH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote