View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default also with unexplained jaw and sinus symptoms

So sorry you also have to go through this Meera and Jimmy. I too have odd sensations in my sinuses, teeth and jaw. I thought it may have been a dental implant that was placed in 2008 (looked like it had perforated my sinus - but OS says it actually did not) and even had it removed recently despite x-rays showing it looked intact. I did have a large cyst directly above the implant and do wonder what it looks like now! ENT's I saw over this were not at all concerned...

The interesting thing is that tooth had been root canaled at one point and the tooth next to it was badly infected as well requiring extraction. It does make me wonder about some type of bone infection in there that has spread to my sinuses and was never caught. Both oral surgeons were instructed to debride any necrotic bone and ligaments.

I have explored the possibility of trigeminal neuralgia from the oral surgeon nicking a nerve during the oral surgery, but I don't have the stabbing, shooting pains you get with that. Instead, I have a constant sizzling sensation, burning, tingling and intermittent dental pain and jaw/head pressure. I have had some ocular migraines without the headaches too. Horrible tinnitus (ringing and hissing in my ears) also adds to my quality of life .

My doctor has prescribed anti-fungal and antibiotic treatment along with acetyl cysteine - all through a nebulizer that seems to be helping a bit. Candida was found on my dental implant culture so we wonder if there is a fungal component to this... The treatment is from a compounding pharmacy and apparently goes directly to your sinuses and nearby areas with less toll on your kidney and liver. But it has been months now. Very discouraging.

If any of us figure out what the cause is and are able to get better, it is so important to write and share with the others here. Please take care and keep us posted.
dbpei is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote