View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnl50000 View Post
Hi: I would try some of the natural suggestions(b12,Gaba,benadryl ect. as suggested early in one post by 'trivafriend" I did try and am feeling positive about results like periods of relaxed rest,more alertness,more positive attitude and no negative results. Followup reading about these naturals suggest strongly of other people having some positive results also. My wife is the patient and as her care taker I can see changes in her that were amazing with stopping the drug first cold turkey and getting nasty reactions, she thought she wanted to die and I put her back on and within 2 hrs she was very much improved. I then started a withdrawal routine suggested by the doctor for 3 weeks the last week was supposed to be 75mg every other day. She only mad it one day on and the second day off and all the withdrawal symptoms started over!!!After a brutal 4 days of extreme sweats,nausea,dry heaves,small fever,pain in back and legs,in ability to sleep, could not eat for days, in coherent,garbled speaking, whimpering,tingling calls to doctor over weekend and a office visit to doc. Together to try to Identifiy her problem we put her back on lyrics 50mg twice per day, After 2 hours she was feeling wonder full !! We sat in bed talking for 3 hours with her , and she did not even remember things that went on. I started giving her "gaba", B12,Benadryl, and she surely got some relief for various periods of time but all were quite welcomed, as I and her got some rest, we are going to go back to doctor in 1 week after her being back on full dose of Lyrica while the doctor does some research on a much longer discontinuation recommendation. 2/192015
I'm so glad some of my ideas helped. It gets better! Prayers to you both. Triviafriend