View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Remission ; reoccurrence and remission and nudexta

Hi all.
I hope you are all doing ok .
I had been in remission from rsd for about 7 years . I used to post on here as Goodn'plenty so you can check out my sordid history I came on in 2010 again to give an update on the how's and why I think I went in to remission. I was never sure.
Imagine my shock and surprise in January 2015 when I started to feel unbearable burning pain in my face. I was horrified and shocked . I was also in major denial for about a week and then it hit me.
OH NO. It can't be ..this!!!
I had a full life again . I didn't know how to do this again. Did I even want to ? etc. I didn't even think about rsd. Sure I lived in chronic pain from all my injuries but I was used to that .
Well , within a week or two I had full body rsd. I was on fire everywhere from feet to hands to stomach to skull . I was scared!
I researched everything I could find , and everyone that I knew to find all the current protocols . I started hyperbaric oxygen therapy right away and have had about 30 plus sessions to date.
A diagnosis was confirmed at a major teaching hospital where they suggested ketamine infusions and low dose naltrexone . I am a bit of a health freak ( raw vegan) so I really didn't want any drugs . The pain was so intense I am not sure how I managed. I was grateful I had done so much healing work in the last 8 years which really helped me meet life exactly where it was at ..but it was hard.
I got 5 days of ketamine e infusions. I was convinced it would work as I believe that's what gave me my remission the last time . I had caught this thing so early so I was hopeful.
24 hours after my last ketamine infusion my symptoms returned. I was pretty devastated but then moved on to plan b.
I finally got in to see my old pm doctor . By this time I had days when the allodynia was so bad I couldn't even put my head on a pillow.
He listened to my teary story and then prescribed nudexta ( with dextramathorphan another mda antagonist)
Within an hour of my first dose I felt better
Within a week to 10 days I am almost symptom free.
I am now certain a miracle can strike twice in a lifetime !!
2 weeks ago I was wondering how I would recreate my life with full body rsd and now I am making plans . It's been the scariest and most life affirming 4 months ever ! I am super grateful and if this can help anyone I would be so happy !
Take good care all. Believe that remission is possible!keep plugging away!
Best of luck and peace
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (07-20-2015), Enna70 (04-13-2015), LIT LOVE (04-14-2015), Littlepaw (04-13-2015), RSD ME (08-23-2015)