Thread: Crazy Year
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 10:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Crazy Year

It has been a crazy year for me. Last October I found out that I had Stage 3 colon cancer. So, I went through 5 1/2 weeks of radiation and chemo which finished on December 31. I had surgery February 11th to remove the cancerous part and am now taking chemo pills until July. They had to reroute my plumbing, so I have to wear a temporary bag for my waste on my stomach. That will come off in June.
But I have been very lucky as far as the treatment has gone. I have not been sick or fatigued one day from the radiation/chemo or lost any hair. God has been on my side through this adventure.
My biggest problem I have these days is the PN in my feet. I cannot bend my toes. This has been getting worse over the past 4 years. I have been to Washington University in St. Louis and they have run all the tests. They say they cannot find what the problem is. I am not overweight, 145lbs now, ( down 10lbs since cancer deal), and my feet tingle and do not burn or hurt like some folks. I can walk fine but if I have to walk real slow or stand in one spot for any amount of time, that's when I have to look for something to on to for balance. It seemed like it has gotten worse over the past 6 months.
Up until the cancer scare, I was active and worked out 2x a week for an hour at the local gym. I am 56 years old.
Oh, I have been getting a B12 shot monthly to see if that helps with the PN, but I don't see any improvements.

Last edited by Geneo76; 04-12-2015 at 10:40 PM. Reason: addition
Geneo76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (04-14-2015), ger715 (04-14-2015)