Thread: Crazy Year
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 03:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneo76 View Post
It has been a crazy year for me. Last October I found out that I had Stage 3 colon cancer. So, I went through 5 1/2 weeks of radiation and chemo which finished on December 31. I had surgery February 11th to remove the cancerous part and am now taking chemo pills until July. They had to reroute my plumbing, so I have to wear a temporary bag for my waste on my stomach. That will come off in June.
But I have been very lucky as far as the treatment has gone. I have not been sick or fatigued one day from the radiation/chemo or lost any hair. God has been on my side through this adventure.
My biggest problem I have these days is the PN in my feet. I cannot bend my toes. This has been getting worse over the past 4 years. I have been to Washington University in St. Louis and they have run all the tests. They say they cannot find what the problem is. I am not overweight, 145lbs now, ( down 10lbs since cancer deal), and my feet tingle and do not burn or hurt like some folks. I can walk fine but if I have to walk real slow or stand in one spot for any amount of time, that's when I have to look for something to on to for balance. It seemed like it has gotten worse over the past 6 months.
Up until the cancer scare, I was active and worked out 2x a week for an hour at the local gym. I am 56 years old.
Oh, I have been getting a B12 shot monthly to see if that helps with the PN, but I don't see any improvements.
sorry about the diagnosis, and the recovery sounds wonderful, you will need regular colonscopies right? or biopsies?

Chemotheraphy is a known cause of PN, if not the most common cause in the treatment of cancer, what chemo drug are you taking?
how much is in the b12 shots?
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-14-2015)