Old 04-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
I've had them non-stop in my lower left leg for 29 years, and now my right leg has joined the party. I also feel them in my back muscles now.

Thanks for the rec on SlowMag. Has anyone tried this apparent "generic" version of it?

http://www.amazon.com/MAGNESIUM-CHLO...851KT3BRK4YN5P
yes, I did use this mag64... it seems unstable in the bottle when exposed to moisture. But all mag will do this as it is hygroscopic.

If you mix it with other things in a pill dispenser, you might find it ruining other drugs/supplements. Once you open the bottle if you can add some dryness canisters (you can ask your pharmacist to save some for you), it might last longer. I didn't use every day, because I am very sensitive to the oral mag laxative action. Others here may be less sensitive. People on opiates or high dose Tramadol may favor the laxative actions. I much prefer the topical Morton's lotion + nuts and high mag containing foods. This way I don't get so upset.

Mag64 is a money saver depending on where you purchase it.
The best price I found is at Costco on special order! I used to get it for around 5 bucks a bottle there. SlowMag brand name is a good buy at WalMart, even if they order it for you especially.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-13-2015 at 04:46 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-13-2015), bluesfan (04-13-2015), janieg (04-13-2015), KnowNothingJon (04-13-2015)