View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 11:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

In my experience, it takes a lot of trial an error. You can do good research but if the doctor or PT does not work well with your specific situation, you have to try another.

There are some telltale signs if they have a website/facebook page, etc. Too much self promotion and an attitude of being able to treat anything and everything, guard your wallet.

There are chiros who promote wellness care meaning they want to treat you even when you are well so you stay that way. There are a few chiros who are good at treating injuries with specific targeted treatments. Wellness chiros tend to use the same treatments for most everyone.

The same holds true for osteopaths. Some, especially those who push Upledger based Cranial Sacral Therapy as the cure-all, are just as questionable. But, there are osteos who use a broader based approach and can really understand your symptoms.

The important part in my opinion is to learn to understand your body. Rather that just expect the doctor to fix you, try to learn the difference between real symptoms and anxiety oriented concerns. It's not easy.

My best to you as you try to find answers.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote