View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 12:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba222 View Post
Yes, yes, yes!

Before I had the neuropathy, I can't ever remember as an adult being essentially called a liar or worse, mentally ill.

No neurologist believed my symptoms before the skin biopsy. Folks here could tell me what I had. But very well thought of and even famous doctors told me I did not have neuropathy.

My husband and I spent thousands of dollars traveling to other states to be told that my symptoms were not neurological in nature, blah, blah, blah. A wonderful aunt told me that they should have seen me before my symptoms and they would definitely believe me.

My family doctor and a kind female internist believed me. And of course, folks here on this board.

I hope you can stay strong and remember that you are the only one that knows your body.
Yes, that seems to be a common story among people on this board. Fortunately, my symptoms are not that sever (yet), but they are getting slowly worse. I'm continuing to see the Doctors, and will push for more testing, etc. to identify what is going on and why. In the meantime, I am continuing to pursue dietary improvements and vitamins/supplements to see if they help. I'm also seeing an alternative medicine practitioner who is using a combination of acupuncture, cold laser, massage, and essential oils (not much success with that stuff, so I may be discontinuing it soon)

Like many here, I have a great job, but it does require a lot of walking, climbing (stairs and ladders), etc. One of my biggest fears is becoming too sick to work - but not sick enough to qualify for disability benefits.

Sounds like you have a supportive husband (and I have a supportive wife). That's one thing to be thankful for as all this plays out.
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KnowNothingJon (04-14-2015)