Thread: Crazy Year
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Still have the jug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Adding one more to plumbing; i had rectal cancer surgery in 2012. Rectum completely removed along with 2 ft of colon. I had enough muscle left so I do not have a bag. Colon is directly attached to, for a better choice of words, elimination area. I declined chemo/radiation.
I Had a colonoscopy about 5 months ago. Just had one non cancerous growth. Unfortunately because of spinal(fusion surgery) pain and PN, i take narcotic meds which cause constipation so it makes things a bit more difficult because of daily Miralax. I'm wondering if marijuana would avoid constipation and the need for Miralax.

Gerry
I got tired of the ritual also. I am currently drinking water like it's my job and leaning heavily on the veggies. I take Magnesium supplement along w/ two capsules a day of Psylium (incorrect spelling) fiber. All has been going well(pun intended) for several months. I still have that jug of Miralax in the corner of the vanity. Hopefully your pain will ease to the point of getting off the opiates. You have been through a lot and thanks for sharing. "River Gravel" constipation was one of the reasons I had to get off Hydrocodone. As far as the weed, it might work if if you make your own brand of guacamole dip. Two highest fiber foods are Avacado and Artichoke. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-14-2015), EnglishDave (04-14-2015), ger715 (04-14-2015)