View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 05:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default "mild" symptoms but still enough to make work tough

Hi everyone

I got a concussion now 49 days ago and the doctor (GP) told me it was "mild", and that it would take less than a week to heal completely. I went back after a week and then it was pushed back two weeks, and then I went back again and it was pushed back to mid-May.

My symptoms seem fairly mild in the sense that I'm now able to ride the stationary bike at up to 90% of what I did before without symptoms. However, I work in front of the computer (finance/business) and find that my symptoms still present there, sometimes immediately, sometimes after 30 minutes or so:
  • Globus sensation / lump in the throat feeling
  • Nausea (less now than before)
  • Very slight tingling / numbness on the left side of my face (I occasionally had this before the concussion)
  • Convergence insufficiency (can't see my finger without double vision < 10-15 cm away)
  • A bit of brain fogginess
  • The feeling that I'm reading more "holistically" rather than word by word
  • Just a weird, general feeling that I've "offended" my brain

Is anyone else in the same boat? If so, have you found anything that helps you improve?

I'm trying to run my own business and am putting in 3-4 hours per day (I would like to do 8-10 hours!). I don't notice any real cognitive issues (I'm 95-100% of normal), but I do get discouraged/frustrated by the symptoms and the fact that they're very, very slowly improving, if at all. This is in contrast to my ability to exercise, where it seems symptoms are receding rapidly. (Though I notice that when I walk, I seem to feel every little impact in my head--maybe I should be walking less? Or maybe this is just overreacting...)

Or, maybe it's just all in my head now? I recently quit my job to run this business, so maybe I have some sort of performance anxiety...

Thanks

Rob
waboo386 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote