View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 05:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Ribbon

Welcome, Rob.

I'm sorry you are going through a tough time. It is very frustrating when we are told the recovery will be brief and then it is no such thing! What I've been told at this point is to respond to my symptoms. When symptoms increase, you probably need to back off. When things are going well, keep going.

I think that exercise and using a computer/doing cognitive work are pretty different. Exercise provides blood flow to the brain and doesn't tax it much otherwise nor the vision. You don't sound like you have vestibular issues, so I'm not surprised that the exercise isn't a problem. On the other hand, the computer work is hard on the brain, and I don't think it's all in your head, as you say (ha ha ha). Even what you describe as "mild" symptoms of course have a big impact on the kind of work output you have come to expect for yourself. Absolutely. You're not crazy or imagining it. You have to accept that this is a recovery period.

For me, different symptoms improved at different rates and I think this is normal. Some things are all gone. Some are improving at a snail's pace, some at a greater pace, some have not improved at all. My dizziness was completely gone, but then a couple weeks ago I started having a little bit again, and I'm like, what the heck!?! It comes and it goes.

Please feel welcome to this board - there are a lot of knowledgeable and supportive people here. I wish you the best.

Julie

For the 5-10 years prior to that I’ve had what I now realize were possibly 20+ undiagnosed concussions or sub-concussions. Likely most of these result from Duane's Syndrome, for which I now have prism glasses. Have successfully done vestibular therapy and plan to start vision therapy.

Current companions: Significant depression, anxiety, hyperacusis, difficulty with verbal expression (recall & word mixups), mild spacial/vestibular issues. Feelings of disconnect in relationships.
AndromedaJulie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lemonbar (04-15-2015)