View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Hi Bill,
I have a light case of cervical dystonia starting with the left muscle on the side of my neck, shoulder and shoulder blade area. About 14 years ago I was referred to a neurologist that only works with dystonia patients using Botox. I had several injections on the side of my neck, including the back of neck and top of shoulder areas. By the time the injection pain was calming down; it was almost time to go for the next set of injections. Since I didn't notice any relief, I decided to stop the injections.

Since Botox is also used for cosmetic purposes causing those who receive the injections difficulting with smiling or raising the eyebrows, etc. Just wonder if something like this might be happening with nodes causing them to be stiff/smooth; then when any pressure is applied it irritates the stiffness caused by the Botox. The fact that you have the cervical fusion also may be forcing a greater amount of Botox to that area causing the "pins and needles", etc.

Since you have had various tests performed and all appear to be normal, it would appear Botox is helping your dystonia but with the unwanted side effects.
As with many procedures or medications, it comes down to whether the relief from the dystonia is worth the side effects. There also may be some concern whether too much Botox may be going to the area of the lymph nodes causing a build up of Botox.

Wish you all the best.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 04-14-2015 at 08:56 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote