View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 12:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up It's hard to imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Ken,
If I understand correctly using marijuana itself will not avoid the constipation of using narcotic meds. Unfortunately, I have been on them since my spinal fusion/laminectomy over 8 years ago; eventually going from spine pain, along with PN, edema and Stasis Dermatitis . Unfortunately, I do not see myself being able to withdraw from the narcotic meds. (60mg's Oxycontin every 6 hrs., 7.5/312 Percocet for break thru with a max of 4 a day.) That's why my ears perked up about marijuana.

It was because of becoming impacted from the meds that led me to go to the ER one Saturday in 2012. The ER was unable to get me cleaned out enough so I was admitted to the hospital. After finally getting cleaned out, a GI doctor encouraged me to have a colonoscopy (I never had one before). Next day had colonoscopy where a 3" tumor was found at top of rectum. Following day had surgery. The rest is history.

Gerry
having to stay on those meds.I felt the same w/ hydro and I am still in a relationship w/ sleeping pills. Time may enable you to reconsider. I was a daily smoker of weed for my college years and ended up getting a degree in *&^%$#^* up. IMHO Miralax should be kept close as you try other systems. Realizing that relief will be tomorrow. You didn't explain your delivery system and I never chewed and swallowed weed to explore the fiber rich goodness it MAY contain. In closing I will say hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (04-15-2015)