View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 03:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Panicked

This is my first time trying to connect online with trigeminal facial neuralgia. I was diagnosed in 2013 after having sharp pains on the left side of my face, the pain wasn't too bad until I went to the Dentist who started cleaning teeth with a drill which through me into a horrible attack that too me to the emergency room. I met with a Neurologist for the first time who suggested I start taking Tegratol (Carbemazapine) generic at 100 MG twice a day, I am now on 200 MG twice a day & holding without any more pain for now. The also recommended MRi's to try to eliminate any other problems such as a tumor, MS, etc. I was very afraid of my future & just didn't know where to turn, since NH is a small state very few have been diagnosed with Trigeminal Facial Neuralgia so no groups to meet with.
I am currently looking for a Dentist that treats patients like us but none on the list, i was still going to my prior Dentist who I thought understood my fears but he continued using a drill to clean rather than a pic so I am looking for a new one at this time. I am going to have to call randomly to find one that is treating any patients with this disease. I am looking for any thoughts or ideas in how you have all found someone to help you do your dental work & understand this problem. Thank You for your suggestions
panicked is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote