View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 08:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Chalky,

I will re post the statement that you state was said by the oral surgeon and respond in bold type.

<<I asked on his thoughts re root canals & he said they are fine if done properly. I said what about having a infected tooth in your mouth & he said the infection would be dead.>>

HA! HA! IF THIS WEREN'T SO DISTURBING, I WOULD THINK IT WAS ALMOST FUNNY!
EVERY PERSON THAT HAS GRADUATED FROM DENTAL SCHOOL HAS BEEN TAUGHT THAT ROOT CANALED TEETH ARE BIOLOGICALLY COMPROMISED AND SHOULD NEVER BE CONSIDERED HEALTHY. THEY WERE NOT TAUGHT HOW TO INFORM THEIR PATIENTS ABOUT ANY OF THAT. IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS, MEANING WHEN THE PATIENT WANTS TO KEEP THEIR UNHEALTHY TOOTH, MANY DENTISTS ARE GOING TO CASH IN ON THAT DEAL AND TELL PATIENTS THAT THESE TEETH ARE "FINE". IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE MEANING OF "FINE" AS IN HEALTHY WHICH DOES NOT PERTAIN TO RC TEETH OR "FINE" AS IN "STANDARD" WHICH DOES PERTAIN TO RC TEETH.

ROOT CANALED "TEETH" ARE IN FACT NON VITAL BECAUSE DURING THE PROCEDURE THE BLOOD VESSEL IS CUT SO THERE IS NO MORE NUTRITION OR VITALITY BEING FED TO THAT TOOTH. THE BACTERIA FROM THE INFECTION THAT RESIDES INSIDE OF THE HUNDREDS OF TINY CANALS THAT EVENTUALLY PROLIFERATES BEYOND THE TOOTH IS IN FACT NOT DEAD, IT IS VERY MUCH ALIVE AND THRIVING.

ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION.... IF THE INFECTION IN THE RC TOOTH WERE DEAD, THEN HOW DID THE INFECTION SPREAD BEYOND THE TOOTH LIKE IT HAS IN EVERY ONE OF YOUR ROOT CANALED TEETH?

Whatever you decide to do is completely your choice. If you are so inclined to learn more about rc teeth, then I would suggest that you look at the sites I have posted on this forum to become better informed.

I hope you are able to come to a comfortable decision that you feel is best for you.

Bryanna

That's why I asked him & due to being a independent (not the original dentist) he might have been more up front. Where do I go from here ? Not only from yourself but from other things I have read on the net suggest they are bad news, Do I just get someone to remove the root canal & the one next to it ?
Chalky74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote