View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Canagirl,
ADs take several weeks to get into your system and start taking full effect. I have to take Mirtazapine due do my life-long mental condition causing severe Depressive state. If they didn't work along with all the pain and associated pain killers, well…
As for meditation:

http://www.how-to-meditate.org/breat...ditations.htm/

This is my Teacher's simple, but extremely powerful Breathing Meditation technique. Although it is a Buddhist site this technique has nothing to do with religion or philosophy, it is aimed at everyone. If I can manage to meditate, anyone can master it.
The trick is to start small, say 10 minutes in a peaceful room with no distractions, and be happy with 2, 3 or 4 minutes of clarity of mind to start with as you get used to emptying your mind and concentrating on your breathing. Once mastered, the technique becomes easier and the length of time increases rapidly.
Of course, anything that strengthens our minds or distracts us from the pain of our conditions is a positive. On that point, keep Posting, relieving stress here to your peers is an outlet you will find helpful.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-16-2015), bluesfan (04-16-2015), canagirl (04-16-2015), hopeful (04-17-2015), St George 2013 (04-16-2015), zkrp01 (04-16-2015)