View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 08:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Meera,

Okay so I think this is what the dentist was talking about........

<<The root tip was long and curved, which is not unusual, and the root canal filling material had perforated through the tip of the root>>.

This perforation is an "oops" and occurred when the root canal procedure was done.... and this is not unusual either. The filling material was not only a constant irritant because it was not suppose to be there, but it attracted bacteria to adhere to it making the infection worse.

It can be difficult to remove that filling material completely if it became embedded deep in the tissue. In some cases after the extraction complications arise from the material still being there while other times it does not. The constant irritant that you feel may be a piece of that filling material. It is important to tell your dentist today the story about the rc filling material being perforated through the root tip. This will give him a clue of what to look for on the x-rays because it can be so tiny that he really has to deliberately be looking for something. I hope I explained that clearly.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meera Dasi View Post
Thanks for the explanation, Bryanna, I apppreciate it.
Hmmm, I am pretty sure he said that my root was basically so long and had a bend at the end, where it reached into soft tissue/cheek tissue... I do not know if something like that is even possible?? He then said that the filling (of the root canal) was basically leaking out of the root tip and into the soft tissue, causing discomfort and infection. He explained that it would have been totally impossible to retain such a tooth because of how my root was shaped. The sucky part is, that I also suffer from TMJ, and it sometimes is quite confusing trying to differentiate the discomfort from that, from any other issues. Oh, the manigfold issues we can have with our bodies!!
I will ask for thorough Xrays tomorrow. I almost hope that something will be found, because then at least I would know where my issues come from. It sucks so much trying to figure out what is going on. I will report back tomorrow after my appt.
Thanks again!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote