View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Hi

I feel as if the nortriptyline has knocked pain down from a 10 to a 7 /8. However I'm still not happy. In fact, it's even adding to my stress cus I'm scared that I am on a med to kill pain and I'm still in this much pain. I have in and took the med cus pain was worsening by the day, so now I'm thinking "what if pain us still worsening.. That means the med is working a lot not a little?" So in scared to go off it. Ahh! I can FEEL my body react to this stress ( I think. I hope that's why I feel my symptoms increase ). Then I stress about the fact that I can't feel all the pain bc med is doing something.
Seriously? What is WRONG with me? Please explain how u don't obsess over this beast. How do u accept that not one inch of ur body doesn't feel ALL of these stupid sensations and pain? How so u just ignore and try to sleep Nd or live ur day? I WANT to do this!!! I feel weak and broken that I can't. The nortriptyline is an antidepressant too so im hoping it help this but not yet so far.
I try to meditate but can't bc all I do is feel my body more. I try think of something diff when thoughts of this beast consume me but it only works for a few seconds.
Does anybody take pain med ( whatever the class) and an antidepressant for the real purpose of depression? Does it work?
So sorry about this for you. I have changed a great deal since my symptoms started. It is a process of grieving and I am not anywhere near acceptance even though I have gone through all the testing and seen more doctors in the last year than all previous ones combined.

I am not sure if you have tried the Epsom salts bath? That helps me a little when I get close to a 10 situation.

Also, when I go into the handicapped warm, but not hot pool, it decreases my pain some.

The neuropathy paradox is that lying, sitting, as well as exercise can all make the symptoms worse.

Hope you find some relief soon.
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-16-2015), EnglishDave (04-16-2015), hopeful (04-17-2015)