View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 02:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rytary update

I just got back from my appointment with my Neurologist. I have been on 3 caps of 48.75MG-195MG 3 times a day. My doctor was interested in my feed back because I was his 1st patient taking it. You can see my other posts to get a profile on me I won't repeat what was previously Posted.
I took the aforementioned dosage at 8AM-4PM-12PM ie. 8 hr intervals. The medication was effective for 5 1/2hrs so I would supplement it with 1 carb-lev 25-100 at the end of the 5 1/2 hr duration which got me thru to the next Rytary capsules. I only supplemented the 8AM Rytary and he 12PM Rytary. This worked reasonably well. After a month I found the Rytary caps had no affect on me while I was sleeping. I would get up several times during the nite to go to the bathroom and I had trouble making it to the bathroom. It was if I had no drug in me at all. So on my own I changed my intake for the next 15 days until I saw my Neuro again to 6AM 11:30AM and 5PM 5 1/2 hour intervals and I did not take anything else during the nite because it had no affect. I still had the problem of almost falling down each nite while traveling to the bathroom.
I visited my Neuro today and he had no problem with my switching the intervals to 5 1/2 hrs but he was worried that i could fall down in the nite. He said you could take the Rytary 4 times a day at 5 1/2 intervals but that will no help your nite time problem that the Rytary does not work while you sleeping so he put me on a delayed carb/lev 50-200MG at bedtime to see if that would get me thru the nite.
Oberservations and other side effects:

I had more nausea especially at first while on Rytary. This has diminished but I still have some.
Ryatary is affected by the food you eat more than Car/Lev. Meat drastically impacts Rytary's effectiveness.
Other foods have some impact I won't specify because it is probably an individual thing.
You should try to separate the pills and the food you eat by 1 hour.

Overall I am pleased with the Ryatary it is a big improvement over taking Car/Lev every 2 hours.

I hope there was some benefit to you from my observations this is a nasty disease and I wish the best for you.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
illbethere (04-16-2015), shcg (04-17-2015), soccertese (04-17-2015)