View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 03:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You have got to stop and give yourself enormous credit for all the things you are doing. Working and taking care of a baby while trying to cope with painful and scary symptoms are more than most people could handle!
I hope that you are able to get a referral for pain management quickly as I firmly believe that there is a medication or combination of medications that will help you.
Many of us do have incurable and progressive neuropathies,but do not assume yet that you fall into this camp. You are younger than most of us and your symptoms came on quickly, so hopefully they will be able to treat not only your pain but your symptoms.
Large fiber neuropathy doesn't usually come on suddenly, it is a long term process usually accompanied by muscle weakness. I have both SFN and LFN but mine is hereditary. It will show up on and EMG/NCS.
It is really inadequate to say this to someone who is suffering as much as you are, but I do believe things will improve. You will eventually find a doctor who can help you regain a decent quality of life. Keep that in mind.
Everything seems so trite, but if there is any indulgence that makes you feel a little better, starbucks, good chocolate, really soft lounge clothes, this is a good time to treat yourself. Every day is a victory right now.
We aren't all zen masters who have managed to conquer our pain, we are just far enough along on this path to have some idea of what is going on and what helps. You will get there too.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon050715 (04-16-2015), EmilySH (04-16-2015), EnglishDave (04-16-2015), ger715 (04-17-2015)