View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Canagirl,

"Anyway, I wanted to ask you a question about the infusion. If it works so well why doesn't everybody do it? are there long term consequences? do people become addicted? Does it stop working after "x" amount of years? Why don't u do a ketamine infusion too? why are u taking oral ketamine?"

I do not know why the Lidocaine (and Phenytoin is another) Infusions are so popular and successful here. There have been Posters from the States treated and benefitting, and all of the literature and research comes from there. There is a fair amount about usage in treatment of SFN.

There are no addiction issues, if the IV rate is too fast it can cause heart damage. I had to take a break when I had a heart attack (unrelated), but was cleared by my Consultant Cardiologist to resume 3 months later. Those 3 months were excruciating. Relief hasn't diminished after 8 years, although dosage has gone up as my weight has increased.

I don't have Ketamine Infusions simply because my PM Team don't do them and I would have to be driven way too far out of my area to benefit from getting them. The Oral Ketamine keeps me ticking over and I have dosage/timing leeway of a reasonable amount so I can target flares, having to go out, sleep…

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (04-16-2015), bluesfan (04-16-2015), ger715 (04-17-2015)