View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 06:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMPinkereton View Post
Exactly the same here.

Diagnosed with SFN with skin punch test confirming.
Joint pain a severely dry eyes. Some days I feel like I might collapse if I don't lie down.

I have noticed that when my SFN pain in my feet, legs and arms really flares up my eyes really burn. Then when things subside a little, my eyes stop burn, but are still dry.

I too have been to a rheumatologist and had dozens of blood tests too. Several things are slightly "off" but not bad enough to make a diagnosis for other autoimmune diseases. (I do have Graves) I think I am starting to have more autoimmune problems (like Sjogren's), but nobody seems to want to do anything.

I have been complaining to my eye doctor about my eyes and he says my Graves is in check, just use over the counter eye drops. They do nothing for me.

All I know is whatever it is, it keeps getting worse. Just doesn't seem to be anything anyone wants to do. I have run out of options and places to turn. I've been to several different types of doctors and always end up with no relief.

Yes, maybe someone else will chime in and point us in the right direction???

It is frustrating that they can't figure it out or offer treatment.
I have a questionable sjogrens diagnosis and positive SFN and autonomic issues.
I also get feelings like I will collapse and have to lie down on the floor with my knees up till I can get up again.
All they are offering for treatment is plaquenil (I'm still thinking about it) and things like tricyclics and lyrica.
I have reached out to different neurologists and rheumatologists across the country and they recommend IVIG, but in NY I haven't found a doctor who will try it.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote