View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 07:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I just got back from my appointment with my Neurologist. I have been on 3 caps of 48.75MG-195MG 3 times a day. My doctor was interested in my feed back because I was his 1st patient taking it. You can see my other posts to get a profile on me I won't repeat what was previously Posted.
I took the aforementioned dosage at 8AM-4PM-12PM ie. 8 hr intervals. The medication was effective for 5 1/2hrs so I would supplement it with 1 carb-lev 25-100 at the end of the 5 1/2 hr duration which got me thru to the next Rytary capsules. I only supplemented the 8AM Rytary and he 12PM Rytary. This worked reasonably well. After a month I found the Rytary caps had no affect on me while I was sleeping. I would get up several times during the nite to go to the bathroom and I had trouble making it to the bathroom. It was if I had no drug in me at all. So on my own I changed my intake for the next 15 days until I saw my Neuro again to 6AM 11:30AM and 5PM 5 1/2 hour intervals and I did not take anything else during the nite because it had no affect. I still had the problem of almost falling down each nite while traveling to the bathroom.
I visited my Neuro today and he had no problem with my switching the intervals to 5 1/2 hrs but he was worried that i could fall down in the nite. He said you could take the Rytary 4 times a day at 5 1/2 intervals but that will no help your nite time problem that the Rytary does not work while you sleeping so he put me on a delayed carb/lev 50-200MG at bedtime to see if that would get me thru the nite.
Oberservations and other side effects:

I had more nausea especially at first while on Rytary. This has diminished but I still have some.
Ryatary is affected by the food you eat more than Car/Lev. Meat drastically impacts Rytary's effectiveness.
Other foods have some impact I won't specify because it is probably an individual thing.
You should try to separate the pills and the food you eat by 1 hour.

Overall I am pleased with the Ryatary it is a big improvement over taking Car/Lev every 2 hours.

I hope there was some benefit to you from my observations this is a nasty disease and I wish the best for you.

boy, that sure seems odd it doesn't work during the night. have you contacted IMPAX labs about that?
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote