View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 10:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
I also had twitching/cramping as my first symptoms. Then "perceived" weakness. At that time I was convinced I had a MND, but testing and multiple neurological exams has pretty much ruled it out. Later, the weakness seemed to gradually resolve - but then the burning feet, etc. started. Unfortunately, I don't have a diagnosis yet despite the fact that my symptoms certainly seem to match some type of sensory neuropathy.

Have you had an EMG & nerve conduction testing? That is one of the main tests that is used to rule out ALS/MND, and also will identify motor neuropathy.

As for nerve healing, it is slow and logically it can only happen if the underlying cause of the damage is resolved. There are a number of supplements that can aid in this process including B12 and various other B vitamins, alpha lipoic acid, acetyl-L -carnatine, and so on). Check out the Supplements thread as well as the many, many posts on this topic throughout this forum for more info.
Thank you - I will look into the other threads about treatments.

Were you ever diagnosed with clinical weakness from a doctor? I have, with my shoulder.

My EMG was abnormal in my arm. Showed the things that I posted above. The doctor ruled out ALS only because of the sensory and pain issues, my age and the location of weakness (shoulder), but I am so uneasy about this. What were the reason ALS was ruled out for you? Did you have abnormal EMGs?
- Apr 2015 - L. Shoulder/Arm Neuralgic Amyotrophy/Plexus Neuritis

twitchwitch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote