View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
The first neuro was horrible. He had me walk a bit, did some strength testing, reflexes etc. said nothing showed up in his clinical exam so there is nothing wrong. whatever is happening will go away. NO testing, no bloodwork, no emg, mri NOTHING. I went back 6 months later when this had not gone away. By this point, I had mri, emg, some bloodwork. Of course nothing comes up. This time he didn't even do a clinical. Just looked at the results of the testing my primary had done and prescribed Cymbalta even though "there's nothing wrong". he referred me to a second neuro for another opinion. She agrees nothing wrong, but after fighting with her she agreed to send me for a skin biopsy but wouldn't recommend it as needed so my insurance won't cover it. I have to pay $2000us for the test.

Mainly, you need to have someone you can trust and who is NOT narcissistic, ignorant, and mean from what you have shared.

I suggest talking to some folks in your geographic area. It may be hard to find a NeuroMuscular Neurologist. Is there anyone in your group of family, neighbors, or friends who have a good Neurologist?
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (04-17-2015), ger715 (04-17-2015)