View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 02:51 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billylyne5 View Post
I am only 44 so my symptoms should not be age related, thyroid is all ok, I haver been offered a lip biopsy the Rheumy was only interested in bloods as her way of diagonosing or offering treatment, she actually said be glad I only have SFN and not sjogrens lol yet she also said some doctors will diagnose sjogrens on symptoms alone....then why should I trust her ????

No allergies I even tried antihistamines in case but they did nothing.
I had the schimers test and the evaporation test showing that I have both poor quality tears and not enough of them.

I get a dry throat, hoarseness, also developed GERD at same time.
My joints hurt a lot hands wrists feet ankles. My feet are incredibly painful all the time and are tender to touch on balls of feet, top and ankle joints. Hands and fingers swell, knuckles go red.
I have petechiae that came on recently
Fatigue - like I have to just lie down and can't move tiredness
Numb fingers and toes plus numb areas all over the place, burning pain in feet and random patches -like sunburn
Wierd rib/chest pain tender areas /stabbing pain
Randomly get a low grade fever
My DSDNA test came back equivocal at 17 but Rheumy didn't even mention that
My white count is always on the low to just on normal
Negative MRI and nerve conduction studies
Oh had ultra sound on my wrists and that showed synovial thickening but Rheumy said it wasn't inflamation but mechanical what ever that means - she put that in the letter discharging me so I haven't been able to ask her.

I am very frustrated and feel like I am struggling to manage the symptoms and getting no where near a diagnosis or even treatment.
I really really think you need to go to a new rheumatogist. I wasted my time with 2 of them before I found the one I have who is at least willing to treat for sjogrens. She had me go for the lip biopsy based on the SFN and my high ANA. It came back equivocal/borderline for Sjogrens even though my blood doesnt show it. She said normal people don't walk around with lymphocytes infiltrating their salivary glads, and that indicates Sjogrens...so she is at least willing to treat for it with Plaquenil. I am debating trying it, but its somewhat relieving to know that maybe the treatment would work and that I have options.
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote