View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 07:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you everyone for your detailed responses. I really appreciate it. I have been taking this medication for quite some time but I guess I haven't realized how numb its made me feel. I feel like I have just discovered recently that what I'm going through doesn't seem normal. At first I just thought it was my personality, cause I've always been calm and quite. But I'm starting to think it's just not normal compared to my classmates, friends and family.

I do go to yearly check ups with my doctor and I have always told him it was working well for me because really I thought it was. It wasn't until recently I started to realize how flat I was compared to the people around me.

EnglishDave - I to have trouble talking, I stutter a lot and it is nearly impossible for me to tell a story that is longer then 1 minute. My brain just gets lost, anxious and scattered and can't put it together. It's very frustrating, and I've always thought it was a confidence issue. Some weeks I feel great and other weeks I feel like I can't even get out a word. It probably started 5 years ago and I have been fighting it ever since. I'm not sure if it's the Celexa or just social anxiety. I've constantly tried to develop it and put myself in uncomfortable situations (speeches, talking to anybody) to develop my speech but nothing ever seems to get me out of the hole I'm in.

I recently started to see a therapist so I will defiantly ask him about it. Again, I'd like to thank you all for taking your time to give me advice and being so welcoming. It's nice to know that their are people out their that want to help others!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (04-17-2015), DejaVu (07-30-2015), EnglishDave (04-18-2015), eva5667faliure (07-31-2015), Lara (04-17-2015)