View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 08:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Hi

I am having no success getting to a dr so that I can get more pain releif. On 40 mg nortriptyline. I must have severe allodynya. I can't touch, rub or scratch ANY part of my body it causes severe burning and stinging that lasts a long time. Even my lips nostrils and tongue burn and tingle every second. Have u guys ever seen somebody this bad? What had happened to them?
I so scared. This is progressing by the day. I feel like the nortriptiline is doing something bc some of the weird sensatooms feel fainter but it doesn't seem to jelp the pain. Or maybe it is but my pain us skyrocketing? The progression in 4 months has been astonishing from 0 pain to unluvable. Lifting my arm burns cus it stretches the skin... Seriously? Could the med be causing some of the sensitivity? I had it before med but it's really progressed in these two weeks .

I at my breaking point mentally. I feel like I need to turn my brain off. I have a dr appointment Tuesday. I need to ask for some
Thing that shuts down my brain and something else pain and something that keeps me asleep. What should it be?
Canagirl,
Can you ask to try Vicodin for during the day along with the nortriptyline at night? I use 1 Vicodin during the day which helps my severe burning pain sensations in legs and now arms as well. At times I need two. This allows me to cope with the pain, however it doesn't completely take it away. You may also try Valium at night. Hope this helps.
Lukesmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (04-19-2015)