View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey Girl,

I don't have any advice on protocols. Did they mean for you to find PT protocols? so individualized.

I have been thinking about what you can do. Sorry to hear you can't bend your knee enough to get in the bucket! Also I am wondering what is painful about elevation. Is it positional? Is there too much stretch? Is something going on in your low back/pelvis that contributes to the whole thing?

In my own experience swelling has been a major factor in that my nerves just don't tolerate the slightest bit of it and complain bitterly. Not that the swelling ever looked horrible but it was definitely there. I found light compression helpful, emphasis on light, you don't want it painful. Since your knee is a problem area you could always get stockings to the thigh. I buy a bigger size than recommended for venous insufficiency since it's more comfy and is addressing something else anyway.

Lymphatic self massage is good for swelling and giving your skin some desensitization. Videos for how to do this yourself are online. A little time consuming to do everyday but does help so what the heck. When you're spending all the time trying to get better what's one more thing.

Topical lidocaine is available online.

Can you get in that whirlpool bathtub? That would be so good for circulation...

I did mirror therapy for a while, sometimes still do. Free when you have a mirrored closet door or lightweight mirror to work with.

I also did nerve glides for a long time and still do a routine of stretches every single day. Nerve glide techniques can be found online. Gotta keep things movin...

Heating too much may contribute to localized swelling, go easy on everything.

I am Sending Warm Fuzzies
Littlepaw

Last edited by Littlepaw; 04-18-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote