Thread: Im back!
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Im back / beginning hGH

Hey fellow MS'ers,

TLDR; I am going onto hGH to see what effect this may have on my MS since we all know how long trials take. Keeping this thread to have progress tracked for anyone interested.

--

It's been 10.5 years since my diagnosis, having MS now for probably 15 years.

I am 32, male.

I have been around on MS forums since two thousand and ... WOW 2004? So I may be a familiar name to some (Feel free to say hi in a PM or something if you missed me.. =) )

I have come to the conclusion the drugs out there don't work (for me) - and specifically wanted to mention that I am now taking my health into my own hands and trying hGH (Human Growth Hormone). I have found the one clinic in Australia that's legally allowed to prescribe it and dose / monitor you.

I am not telling (arguing with) my neurologist.

I'll report occasionally on my progress.

The theory is that your body has the ability to remylenate during it's growth phase, however around age 35 (for males) this slows down immensely, and by age 40, is almost reduced by 40%.

I have had a recent MRI (before treatment) and will request another one in 3-6 months (just for the f of it) then again 6 months after that, so I should have a tri-yearly overview of any changes. There's a specific lesion which was the concern of my Neurologists (spinal, c2? hangmans noose, or whatever) .. from what I've seen from my scans, this isn't growing as they planned.

I'm beginning to lose faith; in the sense that doctors don't know much more than informed patients,

I'll keep you all updated. I haven't read too much nasty information about this therapy, I tried LDN, etc. I've smoked Marijuana for 18 years which is probably what's keeping it suppressed.

I am an incredibly skinny guy. I am 5"10 currently 53kg / 116.5 LB's and have pretty much been this way my entire life.

So, let's begin with the self human experimentation, according to the clinic this can be taken for life - the only downside is the cost - not an issue but may be for many. It's a bit like the stem cell argument. I honestly believe MS is being looked at with a bit of a narrow mind -

http://www.neurology.org/content/82/...t/P3.155.short

there's a study that began last year, but we all know results from these trials will take a long time to become mainstream.

Since the chemical itself (and don't go out thinking this is something like Myotropin, Jintropin, etc - this is the REAL HGH) is safe and tested, let's give it a crack. Let's also think therapeutic dose, versus 'Bodybuilder' dose. I wish I knew which chemical they were using in the trial, I assume it would be a branded version (There's about 20 of them, with the 121 or 122-a, or other structure)

Let's think about this also - the last 'trial' I was offered to be a part of had 'side effects' - with a name a bit like Tysabri's (something zaumb) I automagically figured it would be nasty - but then it's mentioned "this drug will increase your chances of having cancer by at least 10%, and will decrease the effectiveness of Chemo"

Seriously?

So rather than wait for these trials to finish why don't I just jump ahead 5 years, will let you know how I'm all feeling - I have my MRI's on CD as JPG files and can dump the entire scans (and the viewing program, etc) to anyone wanting to review it for themselves.

Regards,

The guy whose guess is just as good as anyone elses right now.

PS - if anyone in Australia is interested in the details of the clinic just send me a PM, won't advertise in the open. It's in Sydney, NSW.

I figured some people here may be interested since the other forum doesn't allow this kind of talk - I haven't visited that place forever.

Last edited by PhireX; 04-19-2015 at 11:44 AM.
PhireX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-19-2015), LoveCats (04-19-2015), SallyC (04-18-2015), Snoopy (04-19-2015)