View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindini36 View Post
Hello,

I found a swollen lymph node by my jaw a few weeks ago.. It was very tender, palpable, and I was having pain in my jaw, ear and neck. I went to the Dr. She seemed concerned because I didnt have an obvious infection. I told her that I did have a broken molar on that side of the face and that it had been bothering me. She seemed a little more relieved but put me on Bactrium (sp) I then made an appt with my dentist who took an xray and confirmed that I indeed had an infected tooth and needed a root canal. I was sent to an Edodontist he took xray and confirmed the need for root canal. He mentioned the Bactrium was not a typical antibiotic he would prescribe. but he went ahead with the root canal. In the meantime I had an ultrasound and the size came back 3.5cm I got the root canal done and the lymph node shrunk down quite a bit (About 2cm) then 3 days later the tooth started hurting so I took amoxicillin... after 4 of the 5 days of antibiotic I notices I had a pus bump on my gum on the last molar next to the tooth that had the root canal. They have now put me on Clindamycin I have been on for 3 days.. tooth is starting to not hurt and the little pus thing is looking less bad. My Lymph node had swelled back up a bit but is nowhere near the size it was. I went to my dr and she said the Ultrasound tech suggested a CT scan. I asked my dr if since I had a clear infection in my mouth if a CT scan was necessary or if it would make sense until I had the tooth issuse resolved. She agreed and we will move forward from there.. I have fatigue and my neck is sore down the side of the swollen Lymph node. I am wondering if I should be concerned? I am a very healthy person, I run half marathons, eat healthy and typically take good care of myself I just let this tooth break and go 6 months without fixing.... any advice on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.. Oh and my endodontist is on vacay until the 15th (he said he go the root out but didnt actualy complete the procudre)
mindini36 is online now Report Post
I put up with this for one year without realising what it was.

Had two teeth root canalled, that failed. The pain got worse and touching the tooth was sensitive.

Then they were extracted but it was a good month for the pain / swelling to properly die down. I can still feel it, but I think it's more muscular now

But damn do I feel better

The funniest part was when the dentist said 'I am very proud of how that wound is healing'.

If you knew my dentist (yeah, he knows to just put the NOS on, deal with a few patients, then return to me) you'd realise how *** damn funny this was at the time.

I am going to agree with the Dentist above as their opinion seemed valid - remove the tooth (aka bite the bullet) and begin enjoying life again. Teeth are easily replaced.

Keep in mind if you get a root canal, and it fails, you may be paying for an extraction also

I have 8 crowns and 2 extractions - since I got rid of my tooth pain and fixed those problems my life has become so much better now I dont get headaches constantly, etc.

I hope you find relief from your Tooth problems, but rippin' er out may be the best solution. With 3-D printing, etc now it's really not hard for dentists to create a new tooth,

my dentist scans my old tooth, fixes them (reshapes/fixes) in CAD (or I do it, .. since I wanted vampire eye teeth.. ) then literally hits file-->print, then his machine spits out a new tooth in about 7 minutes, making the procedure very quick / cheap (I had all eight done in two brief sessions)

Last edited by Jomar; 04-18-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: per guidelines
PhireX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote