View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 03:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have both SPS and Myathenia Gravis and have had a lot of success with treatment through a doctor trained at the Mayo Clinic. USC and UCLA did not diagnose me nor know the latest treatment for success.

My Mayo trained doctor is Sharon Yegiaian in Pasadena CA and she has many SPS clients and is up to date with the latest treatment options. She diagnosed me with Myasthenia Gravis as well after a blood test at the Mayo Clinic which USC never did. USC told me to prepare for the worst with SPS diagnosis and we could try paraclisys, which is used as a last resort treatment.

Dr Yegiaian was able to stabilize me with weekly ivig, Cellcept, and Baclofen. After several months of being stabilized she thought I could reduce the Baclofen from 45mg to 40mg, but I had a relapse on the third week so she concluded that I probably have permanent nerve damage because of the delayed diagnosis and intervention. I have returned back to normal dosage and hoping to get results soon and coping with the aftereffects of high BP, heart rate, and severe pain.

I highly recommend finding a doctor from the Mayo Clinic in your area or meet with my doctor in Pasadena.
LucyDeuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote