View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 08:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
On another note, I feel pretty worried about my skin. Before the awful burning started I noticed my skin changed overnight almost all over. It went white, really thin and like tissue paper, especially my legs where SFN is worst and hands and feet- this is still the case but worse. I worry that the skin on my legs will just split open and start ulcerating all over at some point down the line. I know it sounds dramatic but I do feel like that could happen in the near future. Do others have skin changes?
Thanks everyone for reading.
Yes, my skin in my arms and legs became whiter, quite shiny and thinner within a few days of the painful symptoms. It was very disconcerting at first. When I mentioned it to the doctors, they each said that my skin looked good for my age (accustomed to seeing unhealthy sick patient's skin).

Mind you, before the SFN, I had skin that looked exceptionally great (actually was quite vain about this prior due to lifetime compliments). Now as I don't shave or even focus on any of that anymore due to the allodynia, I just want the pain to stop. It has not changed much in the last eight months, but I can tell you it changed dramatically late last summer.

I hope this helps and you get some answers from your treatments.
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote