View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
having to stay on those meds.I felt the same w/ hydro and I am still in a relationship w/ sleeping pills. Time may enable you to reconsider. I was a daily smoker of weed for my college years and ended up getting a degree in *&^%$#^* up. IMHO Miralax should be kept close as you try other systems. Realizing that relief will be tomorrow. You didn't explain your delivery system and I never chewed and swallowed weed to explore the fiber rich goodness it MAY contain. In closing I will say hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.

Ken,

I too have a relationship with Ambien CR nightly for the past few years.

As far as delivery system; as my GI doctor told me shortly after my 2012 surgery (cancer/removal of very important part of system for delivery); As long as I am on narcotic meds; I will be on Miralax daily. (advised not to use Metamucil).

I take, most days Miralax 2 x's a day. Once or twice a week take 1 dose instead of 2. I do hydrate, hydrate and the some more. This leaves me only going out for more than a few house once or twice a week; otherwise need to be close to the "potty".

All this, is in addition to spine, PN, etc. Meds just make each day tolerable; but still suffer with 24/7 pain. Just the few times of missed doses caused awful withdrawal symptoms. Don't see this as something that will eventually subside.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote