View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 04:03 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunaboy View Post
Does anyone not feel any difference when eating a healthy diet? I've been eating gluten free, no sugar, mainly meats and veggies, sweet potatoes for the past 3 weeks. Not sure if I notice a difference. So unless you are gluten intolerant or have a food allergy, is there any benefit to eating so strict as far as neuropathy is concerned?

Also, I haven't touched alcohol in a couple of months. It's really tough, especially when i'm at social events when everyone else is drinking. Exactly how bad is alcohol to your nerves and how does it affect healing? Will drinking once a week be a bad idea? I used to drink to get drunk every weekend. For the first month of my symptoms I was drinking once a week. It was a nice stress reliever and a nice escape from reality so I didn't worry so much about my symptoms.
Alchol is neurotoxic to nerves, and is a known cause neuropathies. Nope there is no benfit in going gluten free, unless you have celiacs, gluten sensitive, or wheat allergies. GLuten-free, is a hype use to keep people buying more expensive gluten free products, its not any healthier than gluten containg products, some people dont even know what gluten free is. the only people who benefit, are those people who gets an autoimmune reaction to gluten. Diets are usually bad, in many cases because you can be starving yourself of vital nutrition, and vitamins.
Neuroproblem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote