View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 05:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba222 View Post
Yes, my skin in my arms and legs became whiter, quite shiny and thinner within a few days of the painful symptoms. It was very disconcerting at first. When I mentioned it to the doctors, they each said that my skin looked good for my age (accustomed to seeing unhealthy sick patient's skin).

Mind you, before the SFN, I had skin that looked exceptionally great (actually was quite vain about this prior due to lifetime compliments). Now as I don't shave or even focus on any of that anymore due to the allodynia, I just want the pain to stop. It has not changed much in the last eight months, but I can tell you it changed dramatically late last summer.

I hope this helps and you get some answers from your treatments.
Thanks Baba. I thought this must be something others have experienced with SFN. I laughed at your comment ref shaving - I too have had to let all that go now and just focus on pain mnagement and trying to feel comfortable. My rheum says they look relatively normal, and they do compared to the worse cases he must see.

Thanks for replying en bloc, especially after a long day infusing.

Neuro, thanks for reply ref humira. I have read that there are lots of risks like you say. I am more concerned about impact upon neuropathy and any worsening of that. I am at a point where i am willing to try something and accept risks. Its just a case of choosing the right one. I am keen to learn the source of what i am certain is immune mediated SFN in order to know which treatment - like everyone else here I am sure
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote